Friday, July 29, 2011

Scammers Beware.... Bewaaaaare!

Oh boy have I got a story for you!



I was browsing through KSL for fun and I was looking at an ad for one of these little lovlies...




When I came across an ad for a pup that seemed too good to be true. So I tried calling the number and kept getting a busy signal.




Odd.




So I emailed the seller hoping to get some info and see if its legit. Well not too long later I got one of those computerized texts from this so called "seller."
And this is the conversation:
SCAMMER: this is regarding the puuppy on ksl.
ME: oh yes, are they still available?
SCAMMER: I am only giving them only to loving homes. But before we proceed, you wuld have to go through two adoption test to see if your home is perfect for them.
ME: what is an adoption test?
SCAMMER: Its not a test really. its just some questions that is going to make me know if your home would be prefect for one or both.
ME: How do i know this isnt a scam?
SCAMMER: OMG {this has been edited}
ME: I'm sorry?
SCAMMER: I only came to the internet to relocate my angels. neither deveive or tanish my image. {Yes, they said 'tanish'} and I feel so bad lettibng them go. {lettibng?} but i have no choice because of the condition of my present job. So i have sent you an email.

{So i looked at the email and it was just SCREAMING scam. as i am reading, he sends me another computerized text.}

SCAMMER: just go throught it and get back to me with the answers to the questions ok
ME: No thanks.
SCAMMER: But why? {insert lip quiver here} what do you mean?
ME:I dont trust this. I am a detective. {yes, i know this is a lie, but my dad is and i totally wanted to see what he would say}
SCAMMER: how does your profession conerens the adoption?
ME: I am not interested.

{I waited a few minutes and then received this response:}

SCAMMER: Ok i am a scammer but we can work a sweet deal out. in any of my scams you have 25 percent.

{Long pause}

SCAMMER: yes or no
ME: How is that?
SCAMMER: that is we you be my partner and we would make alot of money.
ME: And how do you plan on doing that?
SCAMMER: you would be doing the posting and picking up while i reply. it is hard for one person doing it ok. call me fex. and what should i call you. we would make millions out of this ok. are you there.
ME: No, sorry. I am an honest person and just flagged your ad.
SCAMMER: @#*)$! {BLEEP! insert offensive language here} I will take you to court! please. i am just trying to survive. things are hard. please understand.

{Well I did what any normal person would do... I told them i knew of a place that helps and bore my testimony and gave them a link to lds.org.}

:)



the scammer didnt reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment