Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's chilly in Dublin

Dublin was hit with some very strange weather this past weekend, in particular late on Friday night/early on Saturday morning. I was awoken from my sleep by my sister who was telling me that there had been thunder (she gets nervous when she hears thunder for some reason). I sat up and saw a huge flash of light before hearing a crack of thunder that honestly lasted 30 seconds. Now, normally when there's thunder and lightening, there's a fair amount of rain attached, but this was the first time I've ever seen them accompanied by heavy SNOW.


I was then directed towards this video by a friend and it shows the lightening in all it's glory. As loud and slightly scary as it was, it looks beautiful in this video. I particularly like how, for one second, it's like daytime from the flash.



There was more of this last night and, once again, it was accompanied by a snowstorm. With another week of this cold front to get through, I wonder if there will be more of the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment