Saturday, November 27, 2010

The STRANGEST weather....

I was woken at 4:30 this morning by some major thunder and lightning and assumed that it was raining .... but I was wrong. This thunder and lightning accompanied a snowstorm and I don't just mean a trickle of snow - it was chucking it down!

It's unusual for Ireland to see snow in late November, never mind snow this heavy, and the forecast for the weekend is for more snow with Met Eireann issuing a severe weather watch for the whole of Ireland. The same goes for the UK where the Met Office has also issued weathe warnings for the bulk of the country. If you want to check out the latest warnings, please click on the links below:
And if the weather is bad where you are, the advise is not to go out unless you have to! I (unfortunately) do have to venture out today so I'll upload pics of snowy Dublin when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment