Monday, October 25, 2010

National Novel Writing Month





I (Lauren) have always enjoyed writing. My cousin and I have been working on a novel for how many years now, Kaity? Oh like 7? Seriously. It is something that means alot to the both of us and someday we will get it all down on paper and hopefully get it published. We just gotta get our rears into gear! :)
Anyway... I love to write. I love making up stories. Ironically, I have very vivid dreams and I keep telling myself to use those odd dreams and turn them into stories, like Stephenie Meyer! Hey, she dreamt it, she wrote it, she made LOTS of mulah because of it...
Ok I am not necessairly out for the money, that would just be an awesome bonus. I think I just really have a great imagination and would like the satisfaction of working on something and making it come alive in a book. I LOVE reading. Something about it is so relaxing and allows me to become another person and really have an adventure. I have always needed a bit of adventure. Kaity and I would play such fun make believe games when we were little, and that hasnt really stopped, its just been transfered onto paper (or Word Perfect)
I have made a goal...
November is National Novel Writing Month.
My sister, Lexi, showed me this website ( http://www.nanowrimo.org/ ) where authors all over the world are given a challenge to write a story in one month. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight on November 30.

I have decided to give it a go! I just gotta make a goal and go for it! I need all the support I can get to get this thing done.

The website says it is time to "Get excited. Get nervous. Try to rope someone else into doing this with you. Eat lots of chocolate and stockpile noveling rewards."

Is there an award you ask? Well the website says...

If you write 50,000 words of fiction by midnight, local time, November 30th, you can upload your novel for official verification, and be added to our hallowed Winner’s Page and receive a handsome winner’s certificate and web badge...

I am not really sure what that means... but whatev...(Lexi said if you finish, they will print a manuscript for you. Good enough for me.}

Anyways... I am getting excited and I'll admit, kinda nervous... I have no idea what to write about... any ideas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment